THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS
Many employees are concerned about his or her employment rights, certainly if something is wrong and if something happened to them that seems untoward or unethical. You should be aware of your rights as an employee so that you are not left unprotected in any case of harassment or discrimination.
Some of your basic rights:
- Right against sexual harassment
- Right against wage theft
- Right against wrongful termination
- Right against discrimination
To understand better let’s have a more detailed look into these rights:
- Sexual harassment – This is one of the most common problems that has plagued workplaces for decades. This problem troubles both men and women employees. What you need is a legal expert competent enough to handle such delicate cases since many employees feel very uncomfortable discussing such cases in public.
- Wage theft – Federal and the state law require employees to be properly paid, to have proper rest periods, and pay employees for every hour they have worked. However, sometimes an employee or employees are paid wages that are lower than the minimum wage. Right here on our site you will find legal professionals who will represent such employees who are underpaid and deprived of their rightful wages. This includes truck drivers who are not paid for overtime, janitors and laborers who are not paid for all the hours they have worked, along with interns and students, and others.
- Wrongful termination – Have you been wrongfully removed from your job? Colorado employment rules allow any employee to be fired from their job any time but there are times when such terminations are unlawful and biased. Wrongful termination usually happens in cases where the employer is not happy with the employee for reasons such as speaking against wrong behavior in workplace or asking for compensation and so on, which might have irked the employer.
- Discrimination in workplace – Workplace discrimination is, for the most part, firing people because of their race, skin color, and so on. Creating a hostile environment at work and gender discrimination too are major issues and common forms of discrimination. Religious discrimination, biasness due to nationality and ethnicity or due to disability, also account for several cases of discrimination.
Whatever type of discrimination, sexual harassment, or wrongful termination you may face, you ought to reach out to an expert Colorado employment law lawyer right away. To get connected with them all you need is to use the interactive map on USAttorneys.com. You will gain access to a list of marvelous legal professionals in your county or area with a single click.
You will also find a local lawyers directory on our front page. This will also lead you to the contact details of legal representative/s that can deal with your case. These lawyers handle cases related to the Colorado Wage Claim Act, Fair Labor Standard Act, and breaches of contact. They also provide detailed advice regarding civil rights, statutory violations, employment agreements, policy violations, etc.
You will also find legal counselors that deal with labor union problems and cases where the employer fails to abide by the union rules, especially private employers.
If you need further assistance, feel free to knock out the free case evaluation form and we will respond quickly. Our agents are also standing by to assist you via live chat if you need additional help as well or if you have any questions about this process. Give us your information and we will call you back to help you secure that coveted legal help.