Are Your Employment Rights Being Violated in Tennessee?


Employers in the state of Tennessee are required to comply with the Division of Occupational Safety and Health (TOSHA) safety compliance requirements. Not only are they obligated to ensure employees aren’t exposed to hazardous chemicals and anything else that could potentially harm them, but they are expected to provide a safe and healthy environment for all of their employees. Among that, employers are expected to train and educate all of their workers who might be working with machinery or chemicals that could become a physical hazard. A physical hazard includes:

  • Construction machine hazards
  • Walking and working surfaces
  • Flammable or combustible liquids
  • Trenching
  • Motorized equipment
  • Electrical explosives
  • Fire protection
  • Compressed gases
  • Welding
  • Means of egress

Did your employer fail to provide you with adequate training or gear and you have now suffered from a short term or even long term injury? Are you struggling with a different employment issue and need some legal advice on how to handle it? Well, can definitely help you with this.

We help individuals who may have a legal question pertaining to their employment as well as others who are seeking legal representation find it. We feature only the best employment and labor law attorneys in the state of Tennessee and would gladly help you get in contact with one.

Our employment law lawyers can help you with various types of matters ranging from hiring and firing, minimum wage, or even discrimination.


What if I was injured at work by my employer doesn’t want me to file a claim?

After a work injury, it is important that employees receive the benefits they are entitled to. One type of benefit a worker could receive is worker’s compensation. Workers compensation will help an employee who was injured while on the job cover medical costs and loss of wages for the time they missed work due to their injury. A worker’s compensation claim is generally filed through the employer and their insurance company is usually the party responsible for paying out what is due.

But what happens when your employer claims you aren’t eligible for worker’s compensation benefits but you were in fact injured while at work? Well, you can always contact your Human Resources Department or someone higher up and speak with them regarding the issue.

The other alternative you have it to let a Tennessee employment and labor attorney step in and assist. These professionals can help get your matter resolved without having to go through litigation.


How can I file a safety complaint against my employer?

If you are concerned that your employer isn’t following the safety state laws they are obligated to, you can file a complaint in one of three ways:

  1. Call the TOSHA office that is located nearest to your place of employment. You can view a list of these offices by clicking here.
  2. Submit your complaint online.
  3. Mail or fax your completed complaint form to:


Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development

Division of Occupational Safety and Health

220 French Landing Drive Nashville, Tennessee 37243

Phone: (800) 249-8510

Fax: (615) 741-3325


We also have labor and employment law attorneys in Tennessee ready to help you with this in the event you wish to take further action. Give us a call today at and learn about the free services we can provide you with.